Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christmas in October


I start planning my Christmas cards months in advance. I wanted to start a tradition when Tim and I got married. I wanted us to ALWAYS have a photo Christmas card. I wanted us ALWAYS to have a professional picture that captured us at that moment. My plan is to save every Christmas card, like a timeline of our lives, done in Christmas cards. Since little man has arrived this is as important as ever!

I actually start looking at cards in July. I check all the usual photo card sites, but always end up coming back to Shutterfly. They never disappoint with their original designs. Come September, I book our photography session. Once I get the family pictures back I start looking for the perfect coordinating design. Next I narrow it down to my favorite 1,000 designs (kidding, kind of.) I try out different pictures, different colors, different wording. I ask for opinions and don't take any of them (opps.) Once November hits it go time. I like to have my cards mailed the day after Thanksgiving which means they need to be ordered, printed and delivered by November 25th.

So here is what made the cut this year...

#1- Merry Berry Stripes

#2- Oh Deer

#3- For Goodness Sake

Opinions please! It's almost November which means this needed to be ordered yesterday!

1 comment: