Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 37



Today is February 1st! Do you know what's happening in February? A baby Nolen is going to be born! He could be born tonight, or he could be born on February 24th (if I were to be induced.) Tim's only request was that Nolen wait until February to be born because the push present he got me was a February birthstone for our little man. A push present for those of you who don't know is a husbands way of saying "thanks for carrying this baby for 10 months and for well, pushing it out!" Tim just couldn't contain his excitement, so I have been enjoying my push present since July, 7 months before any pushing occurred(which is A-OK with me!)

Well the glamours of pregnancy are quickly fading these days. For the past nine months I've thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant, walking around with my basketball belly, and talking about babies and pregnancy everywhere I go. I've thoroughly enjoyed these nine months and am anxiously awaiting the next step, BABY! To say things are getting uncomfortable would be an understatement. I wake up each day feeling as though someone has strapped an 18 pound (my current weight gain) bowling ball to my belly, kicked me between the legs, and then punched me in the chest. Nice huh! Everything is achy. Things I didn't even know I had are aching. My nights are sleepless as I heave-ho my bowling ball from one side the the other trying to get cozy. It never fails, as soon as I find a comfortable position I have to pee. I think this is God's way of preparing me for the sleepless nights that lay ahead! The only thing I hear as I walk the school halls is "your STILL here, when is that baby going to get here." Even the kindergartners are starting to ask "when is that lady going to have that baby?" Okay little man, anytime you'd like to make a debut would be fine with me! If you think it's fun in there, wait until you see all of these toys we have for you out here!
As uncomfortable as I am, I can't help but feel so bad for little Nolen all scrunched up in there. I know babies have been growing in bellies for millions of years, but none of those babies have been our little Nolen. The poor thing has been hanging out upside down with his head crammed who knows where for weeks now! He has completely run out of dancing room. The most he can get is a good stretch as he pushes his legs up into my ribs and his tiny arms into my organs. Oh buddy, not too much longer! Hang in there, literally.

2 comments:

  1. When I hit 37 weeks, I was impatiently waiting for my Abby to come. Once 38 weeks hit, I had it! They say the last 2 weeks are the hardest, and it's true. I'm a teacher too and got those same comments. I was planning on working up to my due date, but once I hit 38 weeks 5 days, I couldn't take it anymore. And for the safety of my students, I decided to leave work early. Good luck with these last few weeks...or possibly days really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable preggers!! Can't wait to see your little guy!

    ReplyDelete