Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 35



Whoever invented Day light savings must not have a baby. Nolen totally missed the memo and was up at 4am, yikes! Thankfully our Tallahassee weekend coincided perfectly with the time change. We were off our normal schedule anyway making it a little easier to adjust. I think we're finally, knock on wood, back on track. Whew!

Little man is as awesome as ever these days. Everyday, I find myself locking up the classroom, ushering (maybe a gentle push here or there) the last of my students out the door so I can leave (running) exactly at 4:00. The drive home is full on 'pedal to the medal.' I literally can't get home fast enough. I can't wait to get home to hug and kiss that little man. I crave baby.

One of my biggest 'working mommy fears' is missing out on his firsts. It seems everyday I come home he's learned a new trick. I know, I just know, one day soon I'm going to come home to a walking boy. Not a crawling boy, that's too slow. This boy is going straight for the gold. He's got places to be, people to see, magazine to rip, & drawers to empty. Any chance he gets he's pulling up, holding on, and taking little man steps.

I guess he's picked a good time of year to learn. Mommy gets to spend the whole week of Thanksgiving at home her lovey boy, and then another two weeks at Xmas. He's got 3 whole weeks to show off those legendary first steps. Little man, anytime during the weeks of Novemeber 22nd or Decemeber 19th would work great for Mommy! Wishful thinking, right!






No comments:

Post a Comment