Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinching

 Everyday Nolen excitedly asks, "I go school today?"  
He likes loves school, he looks forward to it.  
So why is it that the everyday when I pick him the teacher pulls me aside. 
"I need to talk to you," she'll say.
 It's a bad feeling.
Like a "getting called into the principals office" feeling.

T:  Nolen has been pinching the other kids.

(heart sinking)

We leave that day and have a LONG talk.
We talk for the next few days about not hurting our friends.
We talk, and talk, and talk about how we DON'T pinch ANYONE.

Next school day comes...
Nolen gets a pep talk on the way to school.

M: Remember buddy, you're a nice boy, and nice boys don't hurt their friends.
N: No hurting my friends
M: If your teacher tells me you didn't pinch today you'll get a candy surprise!
N:  Oh boy, I no hurt friends today.

(fast forward 2.5 hours when I pick him up.)

M: How did we do today.
T: well he didn't pinch ANYONE
M: Oh that's great, I'll bribe him everyday if I need too!!!
T: but... we started pushing.

Sigh, one thing at a time.

For today we didn't pinch, and that is good!

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a preschool teacher and I almost died of laughter reading this post. Good Luck! at least he's not a biter! Have you tried talking to him about "Why" he's pinching or pushing?

    ReplyDelete