Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Whole different ball game this time!




This time around is a whole new ballgame, I'm talking about pregnancy with a toddler running around. When your pregnant you have the joy of a little something called the 1st trimester. A trimester full of exhaustion, nausea, food aversions, and lots of other fun things! With Nolen, these dreadful weeks lined up conveniently with summer vacation, allowing me to sleep the days away. With this little peanut the timing wasn't as nice, it was right smack dab in the beginning of the school year. Exhaustion is an understatement. I've managed to keep my eyes open at school, but am ready for bed by 4pm. The same time that Nolen is ready to run and play with his Mommie!

I'd had to get creative with our play. I've had to come up with laying down games. We have one where I sit (lay) on one side of the glass door, as he sits on the other. We send a piece of mail flying under the door back and forth (who knew mail could be so funny!)

I also like to play a little game called bridge. I lay across the carpet and pretend to be a bridge. Nolen has to walk across my back and try not to fall into the "water."

Nolen and I will both be grateful for the second trimester burst of energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment